2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
PhD GRADUATION CEREMONY
IMPORTANT REMINDER TO ATTEND THE CEREMONY!!
Graduates who do not register online will not be able to attend the ceremony.
- "PhD Graduation Ceremony" will be held on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 14.00 at Süleyman Demirel Cultural Center. Our graduates who have the title of "PhD" will only be participating.
- To be able to attend the ceremony, the title of "PhD" must be obtained by the decision of the Graduation School Board of Directors from July 01, 2022 to June 12, 2023 (including this date). Those who will receive the title after the specified date will not be able to attend the ceremony. Application form should be completed online until 12th June 2023.
- Our graduates who will attend the ceremony must register online at http://veti.itu.edu.tr/form/pandir/lee-doktora-mezuniyet-toreni-2023
- It is mandatory for all PhD graduates to attend the ceremony with their PhD ceremony attire (gown, caps, hood).
Important notes to get the PhD attire;
- Graduates who attend the ceremony will be able to buy their PhD ceremony attire (gown, caps, hood) from the 1773 ITU Shop (1773 İTÜ Satış Mekanı) with the QR code defined by the system after the registration process.
- The sales will be held at 1773 ITU Shop (1773 İTÜ Satış Mekanı) between 12-20 June 2023 (09:00-18:00). In addition, it will be possible to buy the PhD ceremony attire on June 20th and 10:30 on the day of the ceremony. The cost of gown, caps and hood (800 TL). Payment can be made with cash or credit card at the 1773 ITU Shop (1773 İTÜ Satış Mekanı).
- Rehearsal for the ceremony: It will be held at Süleyman Demirel Cultural Center on Monday, June 19th at 12:00. Graduates who will attend the ceremony must be present at the rehearsal.
- All PhD Graduates must be present at Süleyman Demirel Cultural Center until 12:00 on the day of the PhD Graduation Ceremony.
- All PhD graduates are required to check in our Graduate School Desk at the entrance of the building and confirm their participation at the PhD Graduation Ceremony arrangements. Graduates who have completed their registration at the Graduate School Desk should go to the meeting venue on the top floor as of 13:15 and take their places for the ceremony entrance lane to the hall. (VERY IMPORTANT)
- In order to receive your PhD diploma on the day of the ceremony, it is important that you check in by the Graduate School Desk on the ground floor and sign it.
Note: If you already received your PhD diploma and wish to participate in the PhD Graduation Ceremony, you must deliver your diploma to Hakan Altun at the Graduate School until June 19th, 2023 before 17:00.
- The diplomas will be given to the PhD graduates in-person at the PhD Graduation Ceremony. Advisors or any family members will not be able to receive the diploma at the PhD Graduation Ceremony.
- Maximum two guests will be able to attend the ceremony for each PhD Graduate. Due to the limited capacity of the hall, it is very important to not to invite more than two guests. In addition, children under the age of 8 should not be brought to the ceremony.
- All announcements regarding the ceremony will be published on the Graduate School website such as organizational changes, necessary updates if any. Therefore, it is important to check our website regularly until the day of the ceremony.
- Information on the diploma print-outs and their delivery can be obtained from the Department of Student Affairs. (0212 365 78 00/ ext. 138-158-110)
- For your questions about the PhD Graduation ceremony, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.